#Idontcare

photo_2017-01-22_18-57-59
Happy Monday everyone. I hope you had a great weekend.
Today’s Motivational Monday quote is a reminder to take it easy.
When you make a mistake, don’t beat yourself up about it. That will only make it hurt more.
I used to be that person who would make a mountain out of a molehill. But the more mistakes you make, and the more you get reprimanded for them, either one of two things can happen.
You can sink into yourself and become someone who has a ‘why-should-I-try-when-I’ll-only-get-it-wrong’ mentality, or you can develop the attitude that I have. I call it #Idontcare, yes with the hashtag. Now, before you think that now I just rebel against everyone and everything, let me explain.
I have been through and learnt a lot in my short 25 years on this earth, and this attitude came into play two years ago. I used to be very immature and would do things without thinking, which is what often got me into trouble. Well, because of this lack of sense, I made a very serious mistake and I was deeply rebuked for it.
I wallowed in self-pity for three days, isolating myself from everyone, crying every day because I just couldn’t imagine how I could have been so stupid and walking around with a sour face. Until the third day came and I’d had enough of crying and feeling sorry for myself. My heart hardened in a way.
You can be so sure that I had learnt my lesson, but enough was enough. I made a mental decision to definitely think before I act, but also not to be so hard on myself. I had made the mistake already; I couldn’t take it back. All I could do then was learn from it and move on, otherwise I would be stuck in that moment forever.
And this is how I have conditioned my mind to think for the past two years, and I will continue to think like this because it has made life easier on myself.
So, lighten up. Take it easy. We are all human and we will make mistakes, although we don’t want to. Just learn from it and move on. #Idontcare.
Have a great day.

Mich x

BLOGLOVIN’ | INSTAGRAMTWITTER

Share:

21 Comments

1. Pam
    23/01/2017 / 12:14 PM

yes! learning from mistakes is essential. Of course when you make the mistake it hurts but I always try to think of the positive side, knowing that if I had not made such mistake I wouldnt have learned how to avoid it in the future.
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

• 23/01/2017 / 12:43 PM

Exactly. And we grow with our mistakes.

2. ariadibari
    23/01/2017 / 8:37 PM

Your writing is just so relatable, thanks for sharing this with us! <3

3. Débora
    23/01/2017 / 9:25 PM

Absolutely love this! Thank you darling x

4. Tamara
    23/01/2017 / 11:57 PM

Beautiful words! We shouldn’t allow others to put us down nor should we put ourselves down. We’re all humans and we do mistakes. We have to learn from them and not allow those mistakes to shape our path.
    XoXo,
    Tamara – LoveofMode.com

5. 25/01/2017 / 11:14 PM

I’m so happy I found your blog, Mich! God has filled you with so much wisdom and it’s wonderful that you’re sharing it with others through your blog <3

6. 29/01/2017 / 6:56 PM

This is totally me. I have had a lot of failures in my life and I would compare myself to others all the time. Also I can have a spurt of motivation to change and do something great, tell everyone, and then totally fall off of my goal. I have started living by the notion that “It’s ok to fall off, just as long as you get back up again”. I stopped comparing myself to others and am learning to love myself and my journey. That’s what my blog is about. Check it out if you’re interested: heymissjackson.wordpress.com

• 29/01/2017 / 10:27 PM

That’s excellent. Everyone has a different story, so it’s not worth it comparing yourself to anyone else, as your journey is different. Just do you. You’ll get where you need to be in due time. Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll check it out 🙂

7. Pingback: It’s not selfish