Until you're broken…

photo_2017-01-29_15-20-50

“Until you’re broken you don’t know what you’re made of. Leave footprints of kindness wherever you go.”

This quote from my Happy Jar reminded me of something that I have seen multiple times on social media, and perhaps you have too. It goes something like: “Everyone is facing a battle you know nothing about. Don’t judge.” I didn’t bother to search for it, so I doubt this is it word-for-word, but you get the idea.

I think that the above quote could be split into two separate ones. Firstly, life experiences really teach you about yourself. You may think that you are strong, until you face a difficult moment and you react in ways you never thought you would. It is the hard times that make you (especially when you overcome them), not the moments when everything is fine and dandy. We always need faith, but it particularly comes in handy when things go awry and there is no other way to resolve the situation but to use it.

Secondly, because you have no idea what people are going through, just be kind. Being grumpy and moody and difficult is a waste of time. You’re not doing anyone a favour by being a nice person; it’s your duty. So slap on a smile and make someone feel good today.

Have a great Monday, and look out for my next post on Thursday.

Mich x

BLOGLOVIN’ | INSTAGRAMTWITTER

Share:

15 Comments

1. Pam
    30/01/2017 / 10:55 AM

exactly, the only one who can judge is the guy up there! None of us should be judging anyone as we really do not know the reason behind their actions! Thanks for the reminder Mich! Happy week to you!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

• 30/01/2017 / 11:01 PM

You’re very welcome. Have a great week hun xo

2. 31/01/2017 / 1:21 AM

This instantly reminded me of the song “Till it Happens to You” by Corine Bailey Rae (love her). As a former teacher, I learned to be very sensitive in my dealings with people. You never know what others are dealing with. They may unintentionally come off mean, but we have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Some people have years of pain built up inside of them and we may be the only person who reacts to them kindly all day. Plus if we were having a bad day (PMS lol) we wouldn’t want others to snap back at us, but to be kind anyway. So we must set the example, all the time, as best we can.

• 01/02/2017 / 7:49 AM

You’re very welcome. I hope it has helped. 😊

3. 01/02/2017 / 8:14 AM

I hate to get political but this quote reminds me of the immigration ban. I think it’s so important to remember to be kind and compassionate, especially right now.
    Tina

• 01/02/2017 / 12:44 PM

I agree. The world is heading in a scary place at the moment and we need to spread kindness to all.

4. 04/02/2017 / 12:57 AM

Love that quote! Its so sweet and a great way to look at life 🙂