Happy Tuesday everyone! How was your bank holiday? I am so grateful for that paid day off. One more left in August and that will be it. I’ll have a post up showing you what I spent the day doing.
Another late Motivational Monday post for you all.
‘Write down 10 things in your life that you are thankful for.’
Here is my list:
- God — I wouldn’t be where I am today if it weren’t for my faith in God. He has brought me so far, and I can never forget where He has taken me from. He is the reason for my smile.
- My husband, Julious — I never thought I would marry a guy like my husband. He is everything that I wanted in a man: hardworking (honestly, this guy does not stop!), focused, goal-driven and spiritual. He loves me despite my many flaws and has so much patience, you would not believe. I don’t deserve him, but I know I have to look after him because he is truly my God-given gift (fun fact: he used to be in a dance group called God’s Gift).
- My sister-in-law — There are people who I feel no way about being around, but there are others whom I love being in their company. My sister-in-law is one of them. Being around her makes me very happy. She is everything I am not and I love that. She always makes me laugh, and she talks so much sense that she sometimes makes me challenge the way I think (she doesn’t know that). She is my sister by marriage, but she might as well be my sister by blood.
- My mother-in-law — I don’t need to go into detail, but my mother-in-law has done so much for me. She has literally been my mother away from home, and I can’t thank her enough.
- My church — I’m so glad I found the church that I go to now. They are such a wonderful support system. I have found true friends there, people who are real with me, who give me good, truthful advice and who, when I am down, do all they can to lift me up with positivity and prayer. I always feel so happy and at peace being there. Most of all, it’s where I found God, and for that, I will forever be grateful.
- My friends — This can be closely linked to number five because a lot of my friends, and the true ones that I have found are because of the church I go to. So I won’t repeat myself. They know I love them.
- My skin — Having suffered with severe eczema, I realised that I took for granted something that is so important: my skin. I am doing much better now, just dealing with some issues here and there, but I am truly thankful that I am on the mend, and I believe that a full recovery is just around the corner.
- My family — I’ve been through a lot with my family, but we have made it to a good place, and I am proud that they are mine and I am theirs.
- My talent — I haven’t always appreciated my talent. I used to think it wasn’t ‘enough’ (I’m not even sure in what sense of the word); it’s as though I needed to find something cooler to do, like investing in my creative side, which is definitely there. I am a writer/editor, but I do a lot more editing/proofreading. People may say it is boring, but it is extremely important for me, and I’ve realised how valuable my skill is, especially in my work place. I want to take it much further and invest in it, instead of thinking it’s not good enough compared to what other people do for their careers. I guess my problem was looking at what other people were doing and deciding that they were living more exciting lives. I have no need to compare myself.
I actually can’t think of number 10. There are so many things that I am looking forward to in life; I am sure that I will be thankful for so much more. When I think of them, I will update them here.
What are the 10 things you are thankful for, if you can make it to 10? I’d like to know. Have a great day.