The limited edition Gigi Hadid x Maybelline West Coast Glow Eyeshadow Palette was released in October 2017, so I’m reviewing this many months late. To be honest, I wouldn’t have known about it at all, if it had not been for my boss. Yes, my male boss haha. He reviews items for Amazon and gets sent all sorts of things, so he let me try this eyeshadow palette.
At first glance, the colours immediately attracted me. I love the mix of golds, pinks and browns, shimmers and mattes – my fave combos to play around with. I am no beauty guru, but this is my review this in a list of pros and cons.
- The colours are very pigmented. You get a lot of pick-up on your brush.
- The colours can be used separately and I know that they will work well with my other eyeshadow palettes.
- Due to the amount of pick up, there is a lot of fall out. Make sure to tap off the excess eyeshadow, spray your brush with a setting spray before use, or do your eyeshadow first and clean up with concealer after.
- This palette comes in two shade ranges – warm and cool. This is the cool one. The colours looked like they would suit my skin tone, but using them was a different story. They were muted and faded into each other, rather than blending well. This was the case even when used with primer.
- For this reason, I can’t use the colours all together to create a look as is the purpose of the product.
- The palette doesn’t include a mirror.
I had high hopes, but I was disappointed. It may look better on someone with a lighter skin tone, but it didn’t suit me. I’m happy I didn’t have to spend any money on it, otherwise it would have been a wasted purchase.
What do you think of this palette? Have you used it before? Would you?
P.s This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
Sorry about the issues with lighting in the pictures. For this reason, the accuracy of the image of the palette is warped a little, but this doesn’t take away from the validity of my review.